This diploma-level programme is structured to provide a business management view of New Zealand’s travel and tourism industry. This course emphasises identifying opportunities and communication skills for future leaders of the industry.
This diploma-level course provides a broad overview of the NZ tourism industry. Emphasis is placed on developing strong business and workplace management, as well as communication skills, allowing graduates to become leaders of the industry. Graduates will have excellent knowledge of tourism operations, these include business systems, commercial aviation, finance and budgeting, trends in the tourism environment and understand market changes in the industry.
Face to face in a classroom setting, with elements of blended online learning.
3 May 2021 - 14 Apr 2022
8 Jun 2021 - 3 Jun 2022
26 Jul 2021 - 8 Jul 2022
30 Aug 2021 - 26 Aug 2022
18 Oct 2021 - 30 Sep 2022
8 Feb 2022 - 23 Dec 2022
14 Mar 2022 - 3 Mar 2023
2 May 2022 - 6 Apr 2023
19 Apr 2021 - 30 Apr 2021
12 Jul 2021 - 23 Jul 2021
4 Oct 2021 - 15 Oct 2021
27 Dec 2021 - 7 Feb 2022
Have Tourism Level 4 or NCEA Level 3 or at least 12 months’ work experience in a Travel or Tourism business
Special circumstances considered at discretion of Department Head
Demonstrate appropriate literacy and numeracy levels
18 years of age or older at course start date
IELTS (Academic) 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0 (or NZQA approved equivalent)
3 years secondary school education or equivalent work experience
Students are assessed through a mixture of written assessments, presentations and practical role plays.
• Crown Certificate in Cabin Crew
• Blue Lagoon Cruises Certificate
• Pure New Zealand Specialist Certificate
• Hawaii Tourism Certificate
• Hong Kong Specialist Certificate
• Tiare Tahiti Specialist Certificate
• Pierre & Vacances Expert in Mountains in France Diploma
• Online Travel Training (OTT) courses
• You will learn the skills needed by the companies who will hire you after you graduate.
• You work and earn money during your course.
• You attend Study & Work alongside your travel & tourism, hospitality or business course.
• Free professional training in employment skills and customer service from Function Staff, our Study and Work partners.
• Paid part-time employment with Function Staff during your course.
• Free 1-1 CV preparation, career advice and interview skills with Crown’s employment team.
• A standard reference will be included at the end of your program.
START ANOTHER CHAPTER OF YOUR JOURNEY
Find more employment
options at CareersNZ
A qualification in this course can lead to great jobs such as: