Diploma in Tourism and Travel offers a business management view of New Zealand’s travel and tourism industry, focusing on identifying opportunities and enhancing communication skills for future industry leaders..
This diploma-level course provides a broad overview of the NZ tourism industry. Emphasis is placed on developing strong business and workplace management, as well as communication skills, allowing graduates to become leaders of the industry. Graduates will have excellent knowledge of tourism operations, these include business systems, commercial aviation, finance and budgeting, trends in the tourism environment and understand market changes in the industry.
Face to face in a classroom setting, with elements of blended online learning.
Students are assessed through a mixture of written assessments, presentations and practical role plays.
• Crown Certificate in Cabin Crew
• Pure New Zealand Specialist Certificate
• Contiki Certificate
• Blue Lagoon Cruises Certificate
• Hawaii Tourism Certificate
• Hong Kong Specialist Certificate
• Tiare Tahiti Specialist Certificate
• Pierre & Vacances Expert in Mountains in France Diploma
• Online Travel Training (OTT) courses
9 Oct 2023 - 27 Sep 2024
5 Feb - 20 Dec 2024
11 Mar 2024 - 7 Mar 2025
29 Apr 2024 - 11 Apr 2025
22 Jul 2024 - 27 Jun 2025
14 Oct 2024 - 19 Sep 2025
14 Apr - 26 Apr 2024
7 Jul - 20 Jul 2024
30 Sep -11 Oct 2024
18 Dec 2023 – 5 Feb 2024
23 Dec 2024 – 3 Feb 2025
• Free professional training in employment skills and customer service from Function Staff, our Study and Work partners.
• Paid part-time employment with Function Staff during your course.
• Free 1-1 CV preparation, career advice and interview skills with Crown’s employment team.
• A standard reference will be included at the end of your program.
Students who successfully complete this course may wish to continue their studies in any of the following:
Find more employment
options at Careers NZ
Business Development Coordinator
Marketing & Promotions Coordinator
Travel & Trade Coordinator
Tourism Operations Supervisor