Unleash your managerial potential! Learn to think like a manager, gain expertise in finance and staff management, create exceptional guest experiences, and seize opportunities. Earn the prestigious LCQ qualification and secure a hands-on work placement. Excel in the world of management!
This course builds upon existing skills and knowledge in hospitality and helps students to ‘think like a manager’. People are at the heart of the Hospitality industry, and students will learn not only how to manage staff, but also how to provide amazing experiences for their guests. Students will learn the legal and financial framework that governs the industry, and how to adapt their business as the market changes. Assessment is through written case studies,
industry research, presentations and Q&A sessions with the tutor. In addition, students will complete a 60-hour Real World Experience internship along with gaining their License Controller Qualification (LCQ). Hotel and restaurant visits are conducted throughout the programme to see theory put into practice.
Face to face in a classroom setting, with elements of blended online learning.
Students are assessed through a mixture of written assessments, presentations and practical role plays.
· Licence Controller Qualification
· Hotel Familiarisation trips (Famils)
· Restaurant & cafe dining experiences
9 Oct 2023 - 27 Sep 2024
5 Feb - 20 Dec 2024
11 March 2024 - 7 March 2025
29 Apr 2024 - 11 Apr 2025
22 Jul 2024 - 27 Jun 2025
14 Oct 2024 - 19 Sep 2025
14 Apr - 26 Apr 2024
7 Jul - 20 Jul 2024
30 Sep - 11 Oct 2024
18 Dec 2023 - 5 Feb 2024
23 Dec 2024 - 3 Feb 2025
• Free professional training in employment skills and customer service from Function Staff, our Study and Work partners.
• Paid part-time employment with Function Staff during your course.
• Free 1-1 CV preparation, career advice and interview skills with Crown’s employment team.
• A standard reference will be included at the end of your program.
Find more employment
options at Careers NZ
Hotel Shift Supervisor
Facilities Management Assistant
Human Resources Coordinator