This course will teach you how to ‘think like a manager’ . You will gain insight into financial operations, how to successfully manage and train staff, provide world class experiences for guests, and identify opportunities. You will complete the LCQ qualification, and will also complete a work placement in one of our partner organisations where you will get to put your skills into practice!
This course builds upon your existing skills and knowledge in hospitality and helps you to ‘think like a manager’. People are at the heart of the Hospitality industry, and you will learn not only how to manage staff, but also how to provide amazing experiences for your guests. You will learn the legal and financial framework that governs the industry, and how to adapt your business as the market changes. Assessment is through written case studies, industry research, presentations and Q&A sessions with the tutor. In addition, you will be required to do a 60 hour internship where you will work with other staff. You will also visit hotels and restaurants to see theory put into practice.
Face to face in a classroom setting, with elements of blended online learning.
3 May 2021 - 14 Apr 2022
8 Jun 2021 - 3 Jun 2022
26 Jul 2021 - 8 Jul 2022
30 Aug 2021 - 26 Aug 2022
18 Oct 2021 - 30 Sep 2022
8 Feb 2022 - 23 Dec 2022
14 Mar 2022 - 3 MAR 2023
2 May 2022 - 6 Apr 2023
19 Apr 2021 - 30 Apr 2021
12 Jul 2021 - 23 Jul 2021
4 Oct 2021 - 15 Oct 2021
27 Dec 2021 - 7 Feb 2022
17 years of age at course start date. (applicants under 18 must provide written permission from parent/caregiver)
Have NCEA Level 3 or NZ Certificate in Food & Beverage Level 4 or equivalent. Relevant knowledge and experience to hospitality sector will be considered in special circumstances at discretion of Department Head.
Demonstrate appropriate literacy and numeracy levels
18 years of age or older at course start date
IELTS (Academic) 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0 (or NZQA approved equivalent)
4 years secondary school education or equivalent work experience
· Hotel Familiarisation trips (Famils)
· Restaurant & cafe dining experiences
Students are assessed through a mixture of written assessments, presentations and practical role plays.
· Licence Controller Qualification
• You will learn the skills needed by the companies who will hire you after you graduate.
• You work and earn money during your course.
• You attend Study & Work alongside your travel & tourism, hospitality or business course.
• Free professional training in employment skills and customer service from Function Staff, our Study and Work partners.
• Paid part-time employment with Function Staff during your course.
• Free 1-1 CV preparation, career advice and interview skills with Crown’s employment team.
• A standard reference will be included at the end of your program.
START ANOTHER CHAPTER OF YOUR JOURNEY
Find more employment
options at CareersNZ
A qualification in this course can lead to great jobs such as: