This course will teach you how to ‘think like a manager’ . You will gain insight into financial operations, how to successfully manage and train staff, provide world class experiences for guests, and identify opportunities. You will complete the LCQ qualification, and will also complete a work placement in one of our partner organisations where you will get to put your skills into practice!
This course builds upon your existing skills and knowledge in hospitality and helps you to ‘think like a manager’. People are at the heart of the Hospitality industry, and you will learn not only how to manage staff, but also how to provide amazing experiences for your guests. You will learn the legal and financial framework that governs the industry, and how to adapt your business as the market changes. Assessment is through written case studies, industry research, presentations and Q&A sessions with the tutor. In addition, you will be required to do a 60 hour internship where you will work with other staff. You will also visit hotels and restaurants to see theory put into practice.
Face to face in a classroom setting, with elements of blended online learning.
29 May 2023 - 31 May 2024
17 Jul 2023 - 5 Jul 2024
21 Aug 2023 - 23 Aug 2024
9 Oct 2023 - 27 Sep 2024
6 Feb - 20 Dec 2024
11 March 2024 - 7 March 2025
29 Apr 2024 - 11 Apr 2025
4 Jun 2024 - 30 May 2025
21 Jul 2024 - 27 Jun 2025
26 Aug 2024 - 15 Aug 2025
14 Oct 2024 - 19 Sep 2025
3 Jul - 14 Jul 2023
25 Sep - 6 Oct 2023
14 Apr - 26 Apr 2024
7 Jul - 20 Jul 2024
30 Sep - 11 Oct 2024
18 Dec 2023 - 5 Feb 2024
23 Dec 2024 - 3 Feb 2025
17 years of age at course start date. (applicants under 18 must provide written permission from parent/caregiver)
Have NCEA Level 3 or NZ Certificate in Food & Beverage Level 4 or equivalent. Relevant knowledge and experience to hospitality sector will be considered in special circumstances at discretion of Department Head.
Demonstrate appropriate literacy and numeracy levels
18 years of age or older at course start date
IELTS (Academic) 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0 (or NZQA approved equivalent)
4 years secondary school education or equivalent work experience
· Hotel Familiarisation trips (Famils)
· Restaurant & cafe dining experiences
Students are assessed through a mixture of written assessments, presentations and practical role plays.
· Licence Controller Qualification
• You will learn the skills needed by the companies who will hire you after you graduate.
• You work and earn money during your course.
• You attend Study & Work alongside your travel & tourism, hospitality or business course.
• Free professional training in employment skills and customer service from Function Staff, our Study and Work partners.
• Paid part-time employment with Function Staff during your course.
• Free 1-1 CV preparation, career advice and interview skills with Crown’s employment team.
• A standard reference will be included at the end of your program.
START ANOTHER CHAPTER OF YOUR JOURNEY
Find more employment
options at CareersNZ
A qualification in this course can lead to great jobs such as: