Health Insurance

Compulsory  travel and medical insurance
for international students

As a condition of study visa, international students who study in New Zealand (NZ) must purchase a comprehensive medical and travel insurance policy, and it must cover all of the five conditions set out below:

  • Travel to and from NZ, including travel to and from country of origin or citizenship before educational instruction at Crown begins, and after it ends, which may be outside of the enrolment period.
  • Travel within NZ.
  • Medical care in NZ which must include diagnosis, prescription, surgery, and hospitalization.
  • Expatriation (voluntary departure from NZ) as a result of serious illness or injury, including cover of travel costs incurred by family members assisting expatriation.
  • Death, including cover of travel costs of family members to and from NZ; and expatriation costs of the body; and funeral expenses.

We can arrange Health Insure for you.


Uni-Care has been providing travel insurance solutions for our students, for over 25 years. They understand the risks associated with traveling for study, work or holidays, and provide a range of insurance plans to cover you for the unexpected.

Let's embark on this journey together!