This programme gives students working knowledge of the Travel industry. Graduates of the programme will have the skills and experience to step into a Travel Agency and be an effective contributor to the business.
This programme is designed to give you working knowledge of the travel industry. Graduates will have the skills and experience to get a job and start contributing immediately to their organisation.
You will learn the fundamentals of Amadeus, a software that is widely used in the industry, and VTO back office accounting profile software. The course covers selling and marketing skills, customer service, world geography & airline terminology. You will also visit tourist operations such as Auckland International airport, Maritime museum and cruise ship facilities.
The combination of theory, site visits and ‘Real World Experience’, where you spend time observing travel, tourism or hotel operations gives you both theoretical knowledge and practical experience so that you are ready to start your dream job upon graduation.
Face to face in a classroom setting, with elements of blended online learning.
7 Jun 2022 – 18 Nov 2022
25 Jul 2022 – 23 Dec 2022
29 Aug 2022 – 3 Mar 2023
17 Oct 2022 – 6 Apr 2023
31 Jan – 14 Jul 2023
6 Mar – 18 Aug 2023
24 Apr – 22 Sep 2023
29 May – 10 Nov 2023
11 Jul – 22 Jul 2022
3 Oct 2022 – 14 Oct 2022
7 Apr – 21 Apr 2023
3 Jul – 14 Jul 2023
25 Sep – 6 Oct 2023
26 Dec 2022 – 27 Jan 2023
16 years of age or older at course start date
Have Tourism Level 3 or NCEA Level 3 (if Travel or Tourism were included in your subjects) or Special Circumstances considered at discretion of Department Head
Demonstrate appropriate literacy and numeracy levels
18 years of age or older at course start date
IELTS (General or Academic) 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0 (or NZQA approved equivalent)
3 years secondary school education or equivalent work experience
· Escape room
· High Court
This course also covers 4 hours of real world experience
Students are assessed through a mixture of written assessments, presentations and practical role plays.
• Crown Certificate in Cabin Crew
• Pure New Zealand Specialist Certificate
• Contiki Certificate
• Blue Lagoon Cruises Certificate
• Hawaii Tourism Certificate
• Hong Kong Specialist Certificate
• Tiare Tahiti Specialist Certificate
• Pierre & Vacances Expert in Mountains in France Diploma
• Online Travel Training (OTT) courses
• You will learn the skills needed by the companies who will hire you after you graduate.
• You work and earn money during your course.
• You attend Study & Work alongside your travel & tourism, hospitality or business course.
• Free professional training in employment skills and customer service from Function Staff, our Study and Work partners.
• Paid part-time employment with Function Staff during your course.
• Free 1-1 CV preparation, career advice and interview skills with Crown’s employment team.
• A standard reference will be included at the end of your program.
START ANOTHER CHAPTER OF YOUR JOURNEY
Find more employment
options at CareersNZ
A qualification in this course can lead to great jobs such as:
Students who successfully complete this course may wish to continue their studies in any of the following: