This programme is designed for people with minimal or no prior experience in Business. The programme include two qualifications at Level 4 of the NZQF (Small Business and the Administration and Technology).
The aim of this programme is to provide graduates with business, administration and technology skills, knowledge and capabilities to start / operate a small business as well as work within existing small businesses.
Graduates of this programme will be able to develop a business plan for a small business, manage operations for a small business and manage staff and human resource processes for a small business.
In addition, graduates will have the skills, knowledge and capabilities to provide administrative services using business technology, applications and systems, in accordance with the requirements of a small business entity.
Face to face in a classroom setting, with elements of blended online learning.
Graduates of this course have the amazing opportunity to apply for:
8 Feb 2022 – 23 Dec 2022
14 Mar 2022 – 3 Mar 2023
2 May 2022 – 6 Apr 2023
7 Jun 2022 – 26 May 2023
25 Jul 2022 – 30 Jun 2023
29 Aug 2022 – 18 Aug 2023
17 Oct 2022 – 22 Sep 2023
15 Apr 2022 - 29 Apr 2022
11 Jul 2022 - 22 Jul 2022
3 Oct 2022 – 14 Oct 2022
26 Dec 2022 – 30 Jan 2023
16 years of age or older at course start date
Completed New Zealand Year 12 (NCEA Level 2) or New Zealand Certificate in Business (Level 3) or equivalent
Special circumstances at the discretion of department head
18 years of age or older at course start date
IELTS (General or Academic) 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0 (or NZQA approved equivalent)
3 years secondary school education or equivalent work experience
• Suppliers visit
• Small business visit
Students are assessed through a mixture of written assessments, presentations and practical role plays.
• You will learn the skills needed by the companies who will hire you after you graduate.
• You work and earn money during your course.
• You attend Study & Work alongside your travel & tourism, hospitality or business course.
• Free professional training in employment skills and customer service from Function Staff, our Study and Work partners.
• Paid part-time employment with Function Staff during your course.
• Free 1-1 CV preparation, career advice and interview skills with Crown’s employment team.
• A standard reference will be included at the end of your program.
START ANOTHER CHAPTER OF YOUR JOURNEY
Find more employment
options at CareersNZ
A qualification in this course can lead to great jobs such as:
Students who successfully complete this course may wish to continue their studies in any of the following: