When you come to New Zealand to study with Crown as an international student, you can be sure you will be well informed, safe, and well cared for. In New Zealand we call this ‘pastoral care’. You are entitled to be well cared for and well educated at Crown.
The New Zealand Government has developed the education (pastoral care of international students) code of practice 2021 of which crown is a proud signatory.
The Code of Practice sets forth the minimum standards of advice and care that you can expect to receive as an international student.
It provides a complaints procedure that you can follow if you have concerns about the pastoral care treatment received from Crown or Crown’s agent(s). The Code does not apply to concerns about academic standards.
Crown’s attentive care for our international students meets the Code’s requirements. We want you to be assured and feel confident that you and your concerns will be treated with respect and given fair attention.
Crown’s designated person to take your concerns to is Pilar Sorba Mora. Pilar will sit with you and guide you through the formal process, and help you to resolve your complaint. You can contact her at email@example.com
NZQA is part of the New Zealand government. NZQA will make an independent assessment of your complaint and then:
Crown offers NZQA approved and accredited programmes from Level 3 to Level 5 (Certificate to Diploma level). Additionally, Crown offers special programmes that focus on experiential learning that includes a mixture of classroom learning and internships. It will allow you to acquire industry knowledge, improve your English, and gain understanding of the workplace.
We are a NZQA Category 2 registered and accredited school.
Pursuant to NZ government student fee protection requirements, the full value of your outstanding fees is protected in an approved trust fund. Trustee: HMT Group.
1. Courses of three months or more
If the course is of three months duration or more and the withdrawal occurs up to the end of the tenth working day after the first day on which Crown requires you to attend the classes, you will be entitled to receive a full refund less a deduction for costs incurred by Crown, up to a maximum of 25% of fees paid.
If your visa is declined before entering New Zealand and you have paid all tuition fees, your fees will be refunded in full, less NZD 250 (Course Registration Fee).
These rules are made under section 452 of the Education and Training Act 2020.
2. Courses of five weeks or more but less than three months
If the course is of five weeks or more but less than three months and the withdrawal occurs up to the end of the fifth day after the start of the course, you will be entitled to receive a full refund less a deduction for costs incurred by Crown, up to a maximum of 25%.
3. Courses shorter than 5 weeks
If your course is shorter than 5 weeks, you may withdraw up until the end of the second day and receive a refund of 50% of any amount paid. However, if two days constitutes the full amount of tuition paid for by the student, the PTE may retain 100 per cent of the payment.
(As per section 235A (1) (C) and (d) of the Education Act.
4. If you cancel all or part of your course after the refund period, you will not be entitled to a refund and Crown may retain 100% of tuition fees for the cancelled weeks.
5. The refund period ends at 5:00 pm on the tenth working day of your course. If you cancel your course within the refund period, you must return in good condition any textbooks and equipment you have received.
6. Cancellation of your course in the event of financial problems at Crown
The full value of your outstanding tuition fees is protected in an audited trust fund. In the unlikely event that Crown could not deliver your course, you would receive a full refund of all outstanding fees, or have these transferred to one of our partner institutions to enable you to complete your course.
7. All withdrawals, cancellations and course change requests must be received by Crown in writing. Cancellation and course change forms are available from Student Services, Crown Institute, 3rd floor, 80 Anzac Avenue, Auckland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8. If your fee was received by Crown from a Crown retailer then any refund will be made to that Crown retailer. Unused homestay fees may be refunded directly to you.
9. If you pay by Credit Card (either directly or through a Crown retailer) and cancel your course, the refund amount will have the merchant fee deduction included.