This programme is designed for those who wants to start a career in the health and wellbeing industry. It teaches transferable skills and knowledge that are highly valued across the sector.
The purpose of this programme is to recognise the skills and knowledge required to provide person-centred support in the health and wellbeing sectors. It will also equip students with professional attitude, skills and hands-on experience which would enable them to contribute to enhancing the health and wellbeing of an individual in a home or an organisation. Graduates of the programme will possess the skills and knowledge valued across the sector and will be capable of working in a range of roles under limited supervision. The course includes 150 hours of work placement in a support worker setting.
Face to face in a classroom setting, with elements of blended online learning.
4 Jul 2022 – 9 Dec 2022
26 Sep 2022 – 14 Apr 2023
31 Jan – 7 Jul 2023
29 May – 3 Nov 2023
19 Sep – 23 Sep 2022
17 Apr – 21 Apr 2023
10 Jul – 14 Jul 2023
14 Aug – 18 Aug 2023
12 Dec 2022 - 27 Jan 2023
• You will learn the skills needed by the companies who will hire you after you graduate.
• You work and earn money during your course.
• You attend Study & Work alongside your travel & tourism, hospitality or business course.
• Free professional training in employment skills and customer service from Function Staff, our Study and Work partners.
• Paid part-time employment with Function Staff during your course.
• Free 1-1 CV preparation, career advice and interview skills with Crown’s employment team.
• A standard reference will be included at the end of your program.
START ANOTHER CHAPTER OF YOUR JOURNEY
Find more employment
options at CareersNZ
A qualification in this course can lead to great jobs such as:
Graduates are encouraged to continue their studies with the New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management (Level 5), New Zealand Certificate in Travel (Level 4), New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel (Level 5).