This great programme teaches the fundamentals of small business in New Zealand. Students learn how to identify a business opportunities, assess its viability, and work with others to maximise the business’s potential.
Do you like the idea of making a difference in the world through business? This short course provides an overview of small business in New Zealand and will teach you how to identify business opportunities, assess a business’s viability, prepare a business plan and work with others to maximise a business’s potential.
You will also learn about the laws governing small business in New Zealand. Small businesses make up around 97% of all businesses in New Zealand and employ around 30% of the working population. Enrol today and start working towards your dream!
Face to face in a classroom setting, with elements of blended online learning.
8 Feb 2022 – 8 Jul 2022
14 Mar 2022 – 26 Aug 2022
2 May 2022 – 30 Sep 2022
7 June 2022 – 18 Nov 2022
25 Jul 2022 – 23 Dec 2022
29 Aug 2022 – 3 Mar 2023
17 Oct 2022 – 6 Apr 2023
15 Apr 2022 - 29 Apr 2022
11 Jul 2022 - 22 Jul 2022
3 Oct 2022 – 14 Oct 2022
26 Dec 2022 – 30 Jan 2023
16 years of age or older at course start date
Demonstrate appropriate literacy and numeracy levels.
18 years of age or older at course start date
IELTS (General or Academic) 5.0 with no band lower than 5.0 (or NZQA approved equivalent)
3 years secondary school education or equivalent work experience
• Suppliers visit
• Small business visit
Students are assessed through a mixture of written assessments, presentations and practical role plays.
• You will learn the skills needed by the companies who will hire you after you graduate.
• You work and earn money during your course.
• You attend Study & Work alongside your travel & tourism, hospitality or business course.
• Free professional training in employment skills and customer service from Function Staff, our Study and Work partners.
• Paid part-time employment with Function Staff during your course.
• Free 1-1 CV preparation, career advice and interview skills with Crown’s employment team.
• A standard reference will be included at the end of your program.
START ANOTHER CHAPTER OF YOUR JOURNEY
Find more employment
options at CareersNZ
A qualification in this course can lead to great jobs such as:
Students who successfully complete this course may wish to continue their studies in any of the following: