This course will provide adequate skills required to begin your career in the hospitality accommodation sector. Reception duties, customer service, guest services and cash handling are some of the topics covered. Knowledge about legislation, health & safety and standard operating procedures are also core components of the course.
This programme is designed for people with minimal or no prior experience in the industry. You will learn practical skills in guest services, debtor control & reconcile balances and communication skills. You will also gain knowledge of accommodation facilities, reception services and organisation expectations. The topic will also touch on legislations applicable to the hospitality industry, such as health and safety, security aspects that are crucial to working effectively in a safe manner.
Face to face in a classroom setting, with elements of blended online learning.
Contact us for
next start date
19 Apr 2021 - 30 Apr 2021
12 Jul 2021 - 23 Jul 2021
4 Oct 2021 - 15 Oct 2021
27 Dec 2021 - 7 Feb 2022
16 years of age or older at course start date
Completed New Zealand Year 12 (NCEA Level 2)
Demonstrate appropriate literacy and numeracy levels
18 years of age or older at course start date
IELTS (General or Academic) 5.0 with no band lower than 5.0 (or NZQA approved equivalent)
3 years secondary school education or equivalent work experience
· Hotel Familiarisation Visits
Students are assessed through a mixture of written assessments, presentations and practical role plays.
• You will learn the skills needed by the companies who will hire you after you graduate.
• You work and earn money during your course.
• You attend Study & Work alongside your travel & tourism, hospitality or business course.
• Free professional training in employment skills and customer service from Function Staff, our Study and Work partners.
• Paid part-time employment with Function Staff during your course.
• Free 1-1 CV preparation, career advice and interview skills with Crown’s employment team.
• A standard reference will be included at the end of your program.
START ANOTHER CHAPTER OF YOUR JOURNEY
Find more employment
options at CareersNZ
A qualification in this course can lead to great jobs such as:
Students who successfully complete this course may wish to continue their studies in any of the following: