Last Update: 14 September 2020
Auckland region is currently at Alert Level 2 with extra restrictions. This will remain in place until at least 11:59pm on Wednesday 23 September. Wearing a mask would be mandatory on public transport while we are in Alert Level 2 or above.
Auckland’s Alert Level will be reviewed on 21 September.
Classroom learning at Crown Institute of Studies will continue. To ensure the health and safety of all students and staff, the following measures will be in place:
If you need have any questions or need any support, please feel free to contact us:
Phone: 0800 357 316
See you all on Monday!
If you or your family are in need of a food parcel here is a list of organisations that could help:
1. Auckland City Mission Foodbank – If you need a food parcel call ACM 09 303 9266 and speak to the Crisis Care team. You will then be given a time to collect from the ACM distribution centre at 15 Auburn Street, off Boston road in Grafton. Photo ID required.
2. Salvation Army food parcels – Contact the Mt Wellington Salvation Army Community Ministry – 09 379 7615 or their local Salvation Army Community Ministry – 0800 53 00 00. You will be given a time to collect your food parcel.
3. Presbyterian Support Northern – Call 09 309 2054 to arrange a pick up at 8 Madeira Lane, Grafton. No walk-ins and collections are between 11-12am Mon-Fri.
4. St Vincent De Paul Newton Branch – Call 09 815 6122 or email – Auckland@stvinnies.co.nz and they can deliver a food parcel.
5. Nga Whare Waatea Marae – Opens Mon-Fri, 10am-2pm. Head to the Marae at 31 Calthorp Close, Mangere with ID. Wait in car and staff will get to each person one at a time, asking relevant questions as needed.
6. Papakura Marae Foodbank – Opens Mon-Fri 10am-2.30pm, 09 297 2036. Please phone to request a food parcel, someone will ring you back to do a phone interview, then food will be delivered. Only deliveries to Papakura and Manurewa areas.
7. Orakei Foodbank – Call 521 5712 and leave message on voicemail with details of how many in family etc. Parcels are only delivered on Tuesdays and Fridays to Orakei, Kohi and Mission Bay.
8. St Marks Church – Focuses in the Pakuranga area. You can contact them directly via their contact page on their website or emailing email@example.com
9. Hills Church – located on Hillsborough Road. Please firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details of your needs and they will do their best to provide a food parcel. Hills Church has also offered to go shopping for those that cannot leave home due to self-isolation.